Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Storyology with Ali Edwards



Just got finished with Ali Edward's newest on-line class called Storyology.  What a great way to spend my morning.   I love stories - I love to hear them - I love to read them and I would love to tell more of them through my scrap booking.  

I have a confession to make.  I am one of those scrapbooker that love the creative process of scrap booking.  Always looking for new techniques to do, new products to use.  I love scrap paper, so much so that I have been known to buy paper and say oh I can't use it, it's to pretty.

Come on you know we all do that right?

The one thing I always felt lacking in my scrap pages was the story.  What's going on in that picture, why are we here, how does that picture make me feel these questions lead to the meat (for a lack of a better word) of our daily life.

I claim to be an observer of my family life but with out putting what I observed into words and then into a story what good  is all the observation I'm doing?

Not much ....

Well that is going to change after today.   I have tons of stories to tell and now after taking Ali's Storyology class I am no longer going to let fear, procrastination hold me back.  Moving forward my stories will be told.

After all why are we scrapping for if not to capture a glimpse of what's going on today.

If you have a moment please go to Ali's website and check out the description of this class.  It might change how you feel about how you are scrap booking now.  (you can just click on the Storyology banner in the right column of my blog to get to Ali's page).  I know it did for me. 

I have always been a fan of Ali Edwards.  She has a style all her own, theories about scrap booking that I want to adopt for myself.   I feel really thankful that I stumbled upon this class because not only will it help me with scrap booking but I can see so much more ways that I can adapt what she taught in this class in my every day life.  

Happy Scrapping!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment